Vehicle Package Zone Leader
A client a global engineering business is looking for a Vehicle Package Zone Leader to work within their Vehicle Concept Engineering Group that is responsible for the conceptualisation and definition of the next generation of vehicles in a highly competitive market.
The Vehicle Package Zone Leader role will report into the Head of Vehicle Architecture and will be responsible for the creation of world class vehicle layouts in accordance with the dimensional, attribute and cost parameters defined for each programme.
The area wishes to recruit enthusiastic, self-starting & experienced engineers who can help to make a real impact in the definition and conceptualisation of our exciting portfolio of future vehicles.
Main Activities & Tasks
- Definition of the occupant & top hat package and responsibility for driving its development.
- Creation of vehicle concept proposals and vehicle package layouts.
- Creation of outline component and system layouts to drive the vehicle concept development.
- Definition of the package at the whole vehicle or package zone level.
- Co-ordination and leadership of multiple cross functional teams to drive issue resolution.
- Collation and resolution of geometric issues within a package zone.
- Mediation and negotiation between all stakeholder areas to develop solutions for geometric and package issues within a package zone.
- Lead & run regular formal package meetings and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Delivery of the package process to ensure high quality, well integrated and world class vehicle package.
- Drive and develop package standards and processes.