Competitive Plus Benefits
about 1 month ago
Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical)
£Highly Competitive Plus Benefits
Packaging, Mechanical, Chassis, Powertrain, Under Body, Engineering, Design, Development, CAD, Catia, Kinematics, Concepts, Benchmarking, Vehicle Layout
Do you want to work for a forward thinking organisation that provide innovation solutions to some of the automotive industries most challenging technical problems within the development of new vehicles and platforms? We are looking for an experienced and innovative Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical) who has the ability to technically advise on all areas of vehicle packaging across chassis, powertrain, body structure and all other associate mechanical attributes, from initial design concepts through all development and prototype phases and through to launch.
The role of Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical) will be to support studio engineering, engineering and all new/current vehicle platforms with identifying key areas for concern providing effective and functional solutions across within product and system packaging associate with mechanical areas of the vehicle. A hands-on, approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to communicate effective across internal teams, customers and other office locations globally in a constructive and energetic way, while providing technical expertise within vehicle packaging, preferably with chassis and powertrain.
As a Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical) your main responsibilities will include;
- Applying highly advanced CAD expertise in the definition of package layouts, focusing on the
chassis & mechanical systems.
- Creation of vehicle concept proposals, using chassis & mechanical knowledge and expertise.
- Creation of component and system layouts to drive the vehicle concept development.
- Engage in the drive toward CAD automation and AI and lead its integration into all areas
- of mechanical and chassis package, and support others to do the same in their respective zones
- Co-ordination and leadership of multiple cross functional teams to drive issue resolution.
- Mediation and negotiation between all stakeholder areas to drive solutions for geometric and
- Lead & run regular formal package / design reviews and ad-hoc meetings as required.
- Responsible for aspects of project / programme & process deliverables through TCDS & NPI
- Drive and develop standards and processes and contribute to the generation of design
standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Support / lead the generation of system targets.
- Support, as applicable, aspects of mechanical design and development for TIG projects
- Hold regular status reviews with project teams to ensure alignment of priorities, workload and
Expectations, generating reports and provide presentations as required.
As a Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical) you will have the following:
- Demonstrates appropriate depth of knowledge within Vehicle Packaging (Mechanical) and associated product areas within full vehicle development programs from initial concept phase through development and into launch
- Effective coordination and deliver skills being able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of mechanical packaging using CATIA (ideally) across the vehicle to include chassis, powertrain, under body and body structures, working closely with studio engineering to meet corporate objectives and targets
- Strong problem solving and coordination skills used to deliver critical projects with time and budgetary constraints.
- Strong communication skills having the ability to build relationships and pull together cross functional teams to ensure effective solutions are provided within all areas of product development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge providing technical support from initial concept stages with the vehicle packaging, being very hands on providing CAD, design, analysis and recommendations across full vehicle attributes to successfully delivery programs and are seeking a highly innovative company, that will provide career progress and an opportunity to influence product development and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Vehicle Packaging Lead (Mechanical) role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.