Vehicle Harness Engineer
A Vehicle Harness Engineer is required with knowledge of harness layouts and electrical system circuit design. Candidates with experience of working with an OEM would be well received.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Cranfield requires a Vehicle Harness Engineer with previous project management experience for a new contract role. As a Vehicle Harness Engineer you will be required to:
- Develop vehicle harnesses and other electrical components to design/test standards.
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to QCT. (Quality, Cost, Timing)
- Manage in house and supplier validation of components
- Countermeasure determination with Test groups.
- Status report to management
- To observe and work within company Health and Safety requirements at all times.
The Vehicle Harness Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related subject
- Broad length of experience working in an OEM for harness development, including completing a minimum of one vehicle development.
- Understanding of electrical theory and the operation of vehicle electrical systems.
- Electrical system circuit design experience.
- Harness layout experience.
- Application experience (design & issue of parts within OEM release/BOM system to meet vehicle specifications).
- Strong project management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions could be longer.
- Competent with PC applications. MS office etc.
- Self motivated and self managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
If you have any questions about the Vehicle Harness Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role.
To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship