Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Salary Range: £27.10 - £31.10/hr
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Experienced and independent Engineer to join an established team to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision to lead the offshore team through the implementation.
We are looking for someone with the right skills to set up a hardware testing environment. This would include:
- Procuring equipment for the test activities.
- Write test plans for both ASIC and ECU
- Provide process and technical support to HIL team (With hardware perspective)
- Lead failure investigation analysis of current production and development ECUs
3 KEY SKILLS
- Hardware Background
- Software development process experience
- Software validation methods HIL, SIL, PIL
- Hands on experience in hardware validation preferably in automotive industry
- Understanding of systems analysis and IC validation In-circuit Test development &test automation Knowledge of various electrical sensors
- Knowledge of CAN, SPI, Flexray Knowledge of data logging and analysis
- Experience of production software development and delivery through all stages of the engineering development `V' cycle, from requirements to validation.
- Experience with low level drivers implementation, on 32,16 and 8bits microcontrollers; experience with NXP MPC55xx, HCS08 would be an advantage
- Proficiency in using test equipment including, but not limited to, Canalyser, Canape, oscilloscope, digital logic anyser and other test equipment
- Experience with Lauterbach debuggers.
- Experience in software architecture implementation, including software and software-hardware interfaces, preferably for AutoSAR compliant and multicore / multiprocessor systems.
- Thorough understanding of embedded software design and development process in real time applications.
- Good knowledge of embedded "C", and relevant standards such as MISRA. Automotive SPICE. ¿ Excellent debugging and issue investigation skills.
- Understanding of quality and robustness techniques and standards such as FMEA, P-Diagrams, noise factor analysis, and data analysis techniques to support this
- Prior automotive experience preferably in Chassis, Vehicle Dynamics, or Longitudinal Control preferred,
- Virtual validation tools and techniques such as desktop Simulation tools (e.g. IPG CarMaker) or HIL environments (e.g. dSpace), and associated plant model development.
- Experience of virtual test, component test and vehicle testing including proving ground environments
- Component and system level issue investigations including appropriate problem solving and reporting tools (Six Sigma, 5D, Is / Is Not, Fault Tree etc)
- Understanding of automotive networking, diagnostics and fault handling techniques, and related system development tools (CANalyzer, ASL, CANape, etc.)
- Experience of safety critical systems including standards such as ISO26262, IEC61508 or similar.
Degree in Electronics, Software