Competitive Plus Car Allowance and Benefits
Vehicle Engineering Manager (Attributes)
£Highly Competitive Plus Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits
Vehicle Engineering, Vehicle Integration, Attributes, Engineering, Design, Development, Programme, Strategy, Concept, Delivery
Do you want to work for a forward thinking organisation that provides innovation solutions to some of the automotive industries most challenging technical problems within the development of new vehicles and platforms? We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Engineering Manager who has the ability to take new vehicle architecture & platforms leading the test and development of vehicle attributes to meet specific requirements and standards.
The role of Vehicle Engineering Manager (Attributes) will be to lead and support all vehicle programmes globally for multiple customers, to ensure strategic projects are planned, coordinated and delivered within set targets and objectives to ensure vehicle attributes are tested accurately while feeding back results into Engineering to support performance and requirements. A hands-on, approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to communicate effective across internal teams, customers and other office locations globally in a constructive and energetic way, while providing effective management and coordination of project plans across all vehicle attributes.
As a Vehicle Engineering Manager your main responsibilities will include;
- Provide strategic/Engineering leadership and vision to a talented, multidiscipline Vehicle Engineering team for developing and delivering attributes for Vehicle Program / Programs
- Lead the planning and execution of target definitions, test and delivery of results for all vehicle attributes
- Provide expert professional leadership and advice to CoE Director & senior colleagues.
- Lead internal and external multi-disciplinary teams and ensure the programme is commercially focused and protected.
- The ability to manage and lead multiple and concurrent project portfolios. Including devising evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Provide excellent line management to all reports, with a focus on proactive mentoring, coaching, development and team succession planning.
- Develop and nurture strong, effective, professional relationships to develop a strong reputation for excellence.
- Presenting reports to a wide variety of stakeholders and commercial partners.
- Deputising for the CoE Director, as and when required.
As a Vehicle Engineering Manager you will have the following:
- Track record of delivering large scale programs
- Proven effectiveness in operating at a comparable senior management level.
- Demonstrable leadership/people management experience - able to inspire, motivate and lead teams with clear objectives in place.
- Sound financial budgetary experience.
- Experience in Automotive industry.
- Proven track record of leading high value projects successfully.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration and negotiation skills.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of providing strategic leadership and programme delivery with vehicle attributes leading all test planning, development and engineering phases to advise Engineering on performance issues, managing timing plans, budgets and costs while being able to face off at board level with strategic meetings with key clients and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Vehicle Engineering Manager role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.