A Vehicle Electrician is required with experienced in powertrain, engine, transmission and driveline electrical systems, ideally including experience with hazardous voltage systems.
Due to growth this company, a leading Powertrain Engineering consultancy based in Coventry, requires a Vehicle Electrician for a new permanent role.
As a Vehicle Electrician you will be required to:
- Manufacture electrical distribution system (EDS) including instrumentation, assemble EDS to System under Test (SuT), support installation of SuT, uninstall hardware and return to customer
- Modification of wiring looms
- First line fault identification on the SuT and test cell
- Responsible for indicating equipment, Hazardous Voltage System, E-Storage-System and other measurement devices required on relevant testbeds (e.g. flow meters, temperature sensors, pressure sensors)
- Supporting requirements in a highly dynamic test environment and troubleshooting issues related to electrical systems
- Diagnose and repair electrical problems including fault-finding, rewiring and monitoring
- Understanding of vehicle powertrain level electrical systems and diagnostic testing equipment
- Ensure good quality workmanship which upholds company standards and complies with relevant safety standards
- You may be required to do other work within your capability which the company may require from time to time
The Vehicle Electrician should have the following skills or experience:
- An apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 vocational qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Motor Vehicle Engineering and relevant technical experience
- Experience in powertrain, engine, transmission and driveline electrical systems, ideally including experience with hazardous voltage systems
- Experience in test rig infrastructure (fuelling, coolant, air supply etc.)
- Ability to identify faults and initiate the necessary measures to solve them
- Team player with the ability to work independently when required with a flexible and innovative approach
- Ability to successfully cooperate with other employees and departments
- Willing and able to travel
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics and powertrain architecture is preferred
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have any questions about the Vehicle Electrician role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.