Title: Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
A key part of this role is to support the integration of control system into the Simpack and Carmaker vehicle model for use on the driving simulator and desk top simulations.
This role requires close collaboration with the Driving Dynamics Performance FMA PAT Leaders for the specific vehicle programme.
The primary responsibility is to deliver the project on-time and to target, whilst also truly embedding the use of virtual techniques. Alongside programme delivery there will be a requirement to support the team`s continuous tools and methods development activity. This is alongside programme delivery, but is key to achieving greater reliance on virtual engineering in the future. You will be expected to:
- Be responsible for delivering virtual attribute status for the Driving Dynamics attribute on specific vehicle programmes, at all key project gateways.
- Delivering integration of control system into the Simpack and Carmaker vehicle model for use on the driving simulator and desk top simulations
- Be responsible for providing tuning direction and gap-closing actions for specific vehicle programmes, using the virtual vehicle models and our standard metrics. This activity is planned and prioritised by the Driving Dynamics PAT (Programme Attribute Team) leader for each project.
- Be responsible for supporting specific projects to develop new tools, methods and metrics across the Driving Dynamics team.
- Undertake any other work as directed by your line manager in connection with the role, as may be requested from time to time.
- A sound understanding of Vehicle Dynamics fundamentals.
- Excellent team working, organisation and communication skills. Applicants are expected to be very self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out tasks independently.
- Knowledge of full vehicle modelling, simulation techniques and correlation methods against real-world data. Software knowledge to ideally include: SIMPACK, CarMaker, Matlab and Excel (training will be offered for key tools).
- Proven successful delivery of engineering projects, as part of a team, which meet target in terms of timing, performance and quality.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Vehicle Dynamics Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.