about 2 years ago
Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer - R00023265
We are looking for bold and creative Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer to join a dynamic Simulation Team, to conduct safety performance planning and analysis in accordance with working practices. The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate safety performance planning on new model development, lifecycle management and optimisation of our European models; prepare for crash tests and conduct the analysis and make judgement to report at key development milestones.
This company based in Cranfield requires a Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer with experience in safety performance design or planning within automotive engineering environment for a new contract role.
As a Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer you will be required to:
- Understand crash regulation and ENCAP requirements to make test specification.
- Create component target and specification to correctly meet these requirements.
- Conduct crash test and analysis.
- Liaise between local engineering departments and global groups at all stages of the development process.
- Attend regular projecting meetings and feeding back key information to the department.
The Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or Physics related field
- Experience in safety performance design or planning within automotive engineering environment
- Knowledge of safety restraints systems, body engineering or electrical architecture and systems such as e-call or ACU design is a plus.
- Knowledge of CAE is a plus.
Familiarity with the following applications would be ideal;
- CAD System
If you have any questions about the Vehicle Crash Safety Performance Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship