Lead engineer is required to run V2X Government projects such as UKCITE and UK Autodrive. To lead the technology development across members of the consortium's and internally. Oversee the scope, specifications, Technology Development, test procedures, commission and carry out bench, track and road trials to the full consortium members test requirements. To run demonstrations and carry out interviews to the press where needed. Then provide a full report of findings to the consortium which will include lessons learnt etc. Finally, to exploit technology from these consortium's with the aim to create patents and new ideas to use in their future cars.
- Masters degree in the relevant subject such as communications protocols, design engineering, HMI. PhD would be beneficial.
- Full understand of 802.11p(DSRC) ITS-G5/C-V2X 3GPPv14+ (Uu/PC5)/LTE 3GPP(3G/4G) and 5G communication protocols. mmWAVE would be advantageous. Preferred skills: Prince2, Electronic Engineering, Cohda, Commsignia, dSpace environments. Antenna knowledge (Ham radio background) would be beneficial.
- Has project management experience on research projects. Has the ability to deliver technical projects within an ad-hoc environment (this is due to having so many consortium members with different ways of working). Understand Infotainment, CAN (CAM/DENM messages).
- Able to develop connected vehicle solutions in a high usage environment conforming to C2C/5GAA consortium and legislation requirements. Ultimately to optimise V2V performance vs driver expectations and update management/business on progress. Experience on merging V2X data on an autonomous vehicle would be beneficial.
- Experience of working on V2X (Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, Vehicle-to-Networks, Vehicle-to-Phone etc.) communications features, Advanced Driver Assistance Features (ADAS), live traffic systems, Functional safety, cyber-security, User Experience/HMI would be beneficial