Vehicle build technician / mechanic - Silverstone - Immed start - 15 to £20Ltd/hr
My client is a specialist in remastering classic and classically inspired cars from the 1960's. They are based in a brand new, clean unit next to Silverstone race track. Due to expansion it is seeking a number of vehicle build technicians / mechanics to assemble vehicles, powertrains, interiors etc to work on an interim basis on a 4 month contract. Note it could be that this role becomes permanent subject to workload and performance
Hours of work 7am until 4.15pm M-T; Friday half day.
What you will do:
- The cars are hand build from bought out assemblies so you will work from a clean body shell installing all components - chassis, powertrain, trim, harnesses and electrical.
- Use appropriate hand tools in a safe manner; sometimes following standard SOP's. You will be expected to raise any fitment issues with engineers so these can be addressed.
- At present there are no shifts, however you should need to be flexible for the occasional weekend work if a customer car requires such although this is very unusual
What you will need
- You must be available at NO MORE THAN 1 week's notice
- For these positions we can accept applications from novice or skilled individuals. however you must be able to demonstrate practical proficiency and the right mindset.
- Ideally a C&G or NVQ or BTEC in motor vehicle repair (or similar engineering discipline)
What you will get:
- An opportunity to work on one of the most exciting automotive projects available
- Fantastic facilities
- An opportunity to develop your skills or change career path
Please apply with current CV and details of present salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further information before submission, however should you have any questions please contact or 01384 397555