Vehicle Attribute Engineer
A Vehicle Attribute Engineer is required with experience analysing and development within an automotive environment.
Due to continued growth this company, based in Cranfield requires a Vehicle Attribute Engineer with vehicle engineering experience for a new contract role. As a Vehicle Attribute Engineer, you will be required to:
- Conduct target setting for new vehicles: All areas of vehicle subjective / objective performance to deliver concept and achieve competiveness in market segment
- Evaluate trial and production vehicles at digital and physical phases to monitor target achievement.
- Make accurate and clear feedback to Design & Test sections to ensure targets are achieved, and support development of solutions.
- Communicate effectively with all areas of company and alliance partners (Design, Test, Project Management, Product Planning, Marketing & Sales, Manufacturing)
- Analyse customer surveys to confirm performance of Company and Competitor models, identify areas of improvement and understand customer requirements to feed into future models
- Benchmarking of Company and Competitor vehicles
- Test Project Control: Test planning, management and reporting
The Vehicle Attribute Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline desirable
- Vehicle engineering experience.
- Self-motivated with proven ability in concern resolution and investigation work.
- Able to respond to changing demands quickly.
- Customer focused, able to lead, support and motivated to achieve goals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaison/negotiation at all levels both internally and across all regions, in Europe, UK and Japan.
- Conscious of adding value to the company by increasing profits and/or decreasing costs.
- In-depth / engineering knowledge of vehicles is desirable
- Ability to manage evaluation events - making and delivering event plans.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high. If you have any questions about the Vehicle Attribute Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Shannon Wade at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889262.