Vehicle Architecture Development Engineer - 53241
£23.00 Ltd Co
A Vehicle Architecture Development Engineer is required with working knowledge of vehicle attributes, CATIA and Teamcenter Digital Buck.
This company based in Basildon requires a Vehicle Architecture Development Engineer to carry out the following tasks for this new contract role:
- Lead the overall geometric integration of the vehicle
- Work with Vehicle Engineering to develop a balanced, initial set of attribute targets applying Systems Engineering principles
- Focus on human factors Dimensions/vision/ key dimensions
- Lead selection of the architectural elements required for sub-system to meet the attribute targets
- Orchestrate overall vehicle mechanical layout with cross-functional organizations, ensuring functional, attribute, and business requirements are balanced
- Identify geometric compatibility and attribute issues and develops solution alternatives and associated implications
The Vehicle Architecture Development Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Engineers within VA are responsible for cradle-to-grave
- Executing the VA deliverables for new vehicle programs according to GPDS from to . In addition, they are responsible for platform studies and advanced projects pre-.
- Presentation of engineering results and recommendations within Global Vehicle Architecture and to internal partners to achieve management decisions aligned with the functional areas (systems and attributes)
- Act as point of contact for internal and external partners for the assigned project and work elements
- Representation of Vehicle Architecture in the relevant PATs and PMTs
- Collaboration with internal and external partners
- Communication with external suppliers with regard to new technology developments and summary of data and facts concerning the supplier competencies Mechanical Integration of vehicle system concepts and technologies in line with the GPDS
- Application of system- and vehicle attribute requirements and associated analysis
- Preparation of gateway deliverables to support vehicle program gateways (Geometric Compatibility)
- Use of Design and Core Architecture tools and models to develop vehicle- and system level concepts.
- Development of proposals to ensure total vehicle geometric compatibility of design concepts
- Lead responsibility for DPA1 / DPA6 for one of the package-zones feeding into the Package PAT to achieve a compatible prime solution through virtual Phases
- Physical Verification of above via and Testing
- Working knowledge of vehicle attributes, use of CATIA and Teamcenter Digital Buck proficiently.
- Competent in using Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Systems
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience with knowledge of vehicle attributes to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based automotive company will offer you:
- £23.00 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Vehicle Architecture Development Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.