about 1 month ago
Valvetrain Engineer – Advanced Engines – Sussex / Remote working - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
We are looking for an experienced valvetrain design and development engineer to manage the design and development of valvetrain system components including variable valve timing mechanism from concept to production, starting with functional targets and specifications, through to working with suppliers to design, test and validate.
As Valvetrain Engineer – You will be required to
- Hold technical responsibility for conceptual and detail design of the valvetrain systems
- Co-ordination with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture
- Co-ordination with simulation engineers, or running of own kinematic and dynamic simulations, to refine concepts and develop valvetrain designs.
- Initiate design and package reviews
- Ensure DVP analysis and testing requirements are completed to reach design release milestones
- Lead system issue resolution using quality problem solving tools such 8D’s
- Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Day to day management of suppliers and programme partners as appropriate
- Hold APQP meetings during the development phase
- Support the Technical and Engineering Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
As Valvetrain Engineer – You will be
- An engineering graduate with proven experience of internal combustion engines
- Fluent in valvetrain systems technology
- Experience releasing components at an OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Experience of using CAD PTC Creo and PLM is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of using multi body dynamic simulation packages is advantageous.
- Experience using DFMEA to identify and rate risks and build a robust DVP&R.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.