£25 - 35 per hour
about 2 months ago
Up to £35/hr (Inside IR35)
Peterborough (Remote working)
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
The Mechanical Systems team, have a vacancy for a Validation Engineer to support the design & development of new and updated diesel engines for industrial applications.
You will work alongside a range of system and validation specialists, with support and collaboration from Engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
The Validation Engineer will:
- Facilitate the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP - Design Verification Plan)
- Define engine build & instrumentation requirements, and plan/monitor test activities
- Work with component teams, test engineers, and product engineering managers, to drive decision making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections
- Ensure that activities are delivered to time, cost and quality
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot build and test issues, and work with component owners and engine test engineers to complete validation test signoff
- Ability to analyse engine data and use it drive business decisions with clear, concise conclusions
- Demonstrated experience of engine development
- A structured approach to problem solving
- Experience of DFMEA facilitation, creation and validation planning
- Good communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a cross functional team to define test requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Engineering / STEM degree qualified
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
- Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.