The UX designer will be based in the Infotainment team within Vehicle Engineering, working closely with Design and Human Factors teams. The role will be to deliver initial UX designs for future infotainment platforms. This will be working on improving existing features and developing the UX for all new infotainment features. This UX design role will initially cover In-Vehicle Infotainment touch screen, but will grow to cover off board applications (in control remote and other off board apps), IVI controlled features in the cluster and HUD, and ultimately the whole digital HMI experience.
- Delivery of initial HMI themes, working with global partners.
- Support the testing of HMI themes to confirm alignment with requirements and standards.
- Developing UX concepts for new features.
- Co-ordination, delivery and reporting of deliver of UX concepts, designs and specifications to infotainment seniors, as well as specific vehicle line based report outs.
- Work to deliver the early definition and proof of concepts for the HMI elements of future in vehicle infotainment.
- Provide technical input on delivery of the UX solution, ensuring the developed and cascaded UX strategy is met.
- Manage conflict and issue resolution within the Centre of Competence and across functions.
- Manage external communications and status reporting, providing a coherent status for managers and senior managers.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of HMI technology development, delivery or testing.
- An understanding of user interface design.
- Experience of multi-site, multi company projects.
- Ideally degree educated
- Experience of working in a fastpaced industry (e.g. consumer electronics, automotive technology development).
- Understanding of UX development tools