- Sector: Automotive
- Function: General management
- Contact: Jon Blaze
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446184
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59016
UK Plant Manager (Equivalent to UK MD)
Salary Package: £120,000 to £150,000 dependent on experience + fully expensed car + bonus + pension + private health care
My client is a major global first tier automotive interior and body components manufacturer with three facilities in the UK.
They are currently experiencing profitable growth in all regions and are building on their position as an innovation leader within the automotive market to further enhance their product competitiveness. Working with the largest OEMs globally as a preferred partner, the company is making strong progress on its e-mobility expansion by developing sustainable products, utilising lean and productive manufacturing systems and excellence in programme management.
As UK Plant Manager, you will hold the most senior position in the UK. You will plan, direct and co-ordinate all manufacturing activities and operational performance within a safe, lean and compliant working environment, ensuring that all plant KPIs are achieved across all UK locations.
Critical to the success of the UK operation will be driving improvement plans for the plants to achieve direct material, direct labour, indirect labour and Opex improvement targets.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting EHS targets to the highest level, ensuring a safe place to work at all times for everyone.
- Plant P&L and improving profitability across 3 sites in the UK
- Satisfying customer demands.
- Leading and developing the plant leadership team, including Operations Managers, PC&L Manager, Engineering Manager, Quality Manager, HR Manager and Maintenance Manager.
- Creating a strategic development plan for the plant and approving new quotations.
- Liaising and managing employee relations through the unions and works councils.
- Directing production and ensuring cost effectiveness and consistency within prescribed quality, accuracy and performance standards.
- Driving Quality-Cost-Delivery performance. Aligned with company policies and systems.
- Ensuring plant property and equipment is in good condition through the management of appropriate maintenance systems and capability while ensuring compliance with governmental regulations and ensuring effective and economical operations.
- Preparing and submitting operating reports to the Senior Management Team to inform them of the current production status and making recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring effective customer service and relations through timely delivery of quality product.
- Ensuring manufacturing readiness and successful launches at plant level.
- Building and meeting plant budgets.
- Driving Product/Process improvements (technical, human and organisational), to achieve the goals associated with profitability, quality, safety and environment within the plants.
- Driving supplier performance improvement.
- Selecting, training, developing and motivating manufacturing staff to maintain plant operations.
- Assuring compliance of all plant operations with organisational policy and national, regional and local regulations.
- Endorsing legal responsibility and interfaces with local authorities.
- Involving all staff in continuous improvement process through the Lean Production System deployment plan.
- Ensuring that the requirements of applicable auditing standards such as ISO14001 / TS16949 / OHSAS 18001 / IATF are met.
- Managing CAPEX spend in line with approved values.
- Developing and maintaining the Business Continuity Plan.
- Master’s degree in engineering or similar.
- Extensive executive level experience in production environment across several functions and management of multi-site facilities.
- Experience in global automotive companies.
- Well versed in lean manufacturing systems and delivery.
- Good command of English language.
- Broad background in the manufacturing technology and plant optimisation.
- Able to envisage and enact change.
- Strong demonstration of financial understanding, with an analytical perspective.
- Resilient personality with strong delegation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career with a major global automotive brand in a multi-site operation with a reputation for quality products and manufacturing excellence among the OEM market.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.