UK Group Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000 + car allowance and benefits
Location: Midlands based covering multiple sites across the UK
An experienced Health, Safety and Environmental professional is required for an established business, part of a global group involved in the manufacture of precision assembled electro-mechanical products and systems. This is an acquisitive business that has grown rapidly and represents many leading brands with products that are becoming increasingly more sophisticated. As UK Group Health, Safety & Environmental Manager you will have an in-depth understanding of current HSE legislation and more importantly a track record that demonstrates best practise HSE. In this role you will champion, introduce and develop a behavioural based safety culture across all levels and areas of the business and ensure that all employees understand their obligations and responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
To be considered for this UK Group Health, Safety & Environmental Manager position you will have:
- Experience working within an industrial, fast paced, multi-site manufacturing or process environment as a Health Safety and Environmental Manager and be a Chartered Member or Fellow of IOSH.
- Qualifications to NEBOSH National General Certificate or above ideally to Diploma level. An environmental qualification IEMA would be very beneficial.
- Experience working across all levels from shop floor to director that demonstrates an ability to develop, deliver and sustain a behaviour-based safety culture.
- Experience working with regulatory bodies, HSE, insurance companies, local councils, environment agency and water authorities will be required.
- A broad understanding of HSE legislation related to a fast paced industrial/manufacturing workplace. This will include local toolbox talks, Manual Handling, RIDDOR, near miss reporting, PUWER, Fire, DSE, COSHH and Risk Assessment.
- Experience of OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001/ISO 14001 standards with the ability to audit against these requirements.
- Developed meaningful Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs that are supported by coaching and training that will deliver a zero-harm environment.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal, written and presentation, with the credibility and ability to influence, inspire, changing perceptions and behaviours across the business.
This will be a high-profile position and you must have the credibility and management ability to deliver a programme of change that will deliver a behaviour-based safety culture within a unionised environment. Working from the Midlands based headquarters you must have the flexibility to travel to other sites across the UK. This newly created role will form part of a senior management team that is driving a culture of sustainable continuous improvement which is having a transformational impact across the business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.