£5k - 55k per year + 10% bonus, excellent pension
01384 446 174
about 1 month ago
UK & International Customer Services Manager
Global Agri industry
Circa £50,000, 10% bonus, excellent pension
We are working with this major food and Agri business, assisting them in recruiting an exceptional UK and International Customer Services Manager. This is an important and highly influential role within the organisation.
The UK & International Customer Services Manager will work closely alongside key stakeholders within the business to lead strategic Customer Service activities across UK and international markets. This is a key leadership role with responsibility for delivering an excellent service to all our customers globally. Leading the team to deliver on our promises in a timely and accurate manner is essential.
You will :
- Taking a proactive position to manage the UK & International Customer Services team, to ensure team members are appropriately trained, developed and supported to provide excellent response and service to customers anywhere in the world.
- Working closely with Key account managers focussed on the delivery of the company’s vision related to improving the service to customers.
- Assist the Head of Supply Chain with reviewing current activities with the aim of apply continuous improvement methodologies to remove waste and increase value for the customer.
- Lead the team to manage the administrative processes related to the receipt and execution of sales orders including delivery of products to our global customers.
- Ensure that the mode of operation of the team is open, honest and supportive to other colleagues and business functions.
- Ensure that the customer services support the commercial teams and help in welcoming visitors both UK and International to the business as part of our customer experience.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, manage appropriate cost budgets.
The role requires working closely with and influencing stakeholders from across the wider business, including interacting with the following functions.
- Commercial nutritionists and account managers
- External visitors
- Technical & Quality Teams
- Production & Planning Teams at our manufacturing sites
- Finance & Procurement Teams
- Business Systems and IS Teams
To be successful in the role will require an enquiring approach to develop a good understanding of the key drivers that help deliver excellent customer services and an ability to analyse, interpret and challenge performance, waste, capability and opportunity that impact on the delivery of excellent customer services.
Leadership of the UK & International Customer Services team, to include decision making around people development, performance assessment and recruitment in conjunction with HR manager. Forward looking to innovate and continuously improve the customer services and export experience.
An ability to build positive working relationships at all levels to quickly establish credibility.
The ideal candidate is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- UK & International Customer Services experience including relevant knowledge / understanding of Brexit implications and export rules / procedures.
- Leadership / development of high performing teams
- Microsoft Office and Systems knowledge
- Build effective networks and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commercial / Business knowledge
- Drive Performance
- Works to deliver customer-focused solutions and puts the customer first in decision making and actions taken.
- Set priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks detail, data, information and activities.
- Develops new and unique ways to improve Customer Service and Export activities.
We are looking for candidates who have values of openness and working together as a delivering team, therefore you will have:
- An open minded and thoughtful individual who encourages open discussion and is prepared to challenge convention whilst keeping team members engaged.
- Brings a positive attitude to work every day and creates a “wish I worked here” environment.
- Organises and prioritises effectively, with a strong attention to detail, but able to be flexible when working with unknowns.
- Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the customer and organisation.
- Generates opinions, makes decisions quickly, and can influence other team members and management when faced with a mix of either intricate data, or unknown elements
- Builds healthy effective relationships internally & externally.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness.
- Excellent communicator – with customers, staff and colleagues.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.