West Midlands, England
Up to £55000.00 per annum + car, pension,commission
over 1 year ago
UK Aftermarket Sales Manager
Midlands based to cover UK
Salary: circa £55,000
Package to include, bonus or commission plan, pension, 25 days holiday, company car
This business is a specialist manufacturer of equipment that is vital to the FMCG, Food and the wider consumer manufacturing sector in the UK and beyond. The business is going through a major restructure plan to increase their service offering to their UK customer base. They have asked us to source an exceptional Aftermarket Sales Manager to cover the UK. This new role is pivotal to the continued growth and success of the business and it will bring their clients closer to the business.
You will be driving growth and revenue through the aftermarket sales channels, working with current clients to enhance their buying from you.
Ideally you will have hands on leadership, development and take responsibility for the execution of the Aftermarket Growth strategy, including front line sales activity, commercial product and supply chain management.
You will drive growth through direct customer engagement and through supporting the Sales & Service business to deliver growth as a team.
Key tasks for the UK Aftermarket Sales Manager
- Cross selling of the Aftermarket whole product offering
- Develop bespoke commercial offerings
- Developing tailored Service offerings
- Product Management for Channel Aftermarket
- Supply Chain for Channel Aftermarket
- Identify and develop Key Accounts in the UK, by aligning discount structures and negotiating supplier agreements
- Identifying and influence national decision makers and key contacts in accounts working closely with National Account Manager
- Support Area Sales Managers to build and prioritise aftermarket opportunities
- Act as Company ambassador when attending customer sites, demonstrating appearance, behaviour and knowledge that inspires confidence in the customer
Education and Training
- Graduate qualified or relevant commercial experience with demonstrable sales success in developing strong relationships which intern result in sales and revenue growth.
- Graduate in a business / technical discipline or equivalent commercial experience with a record of demonstrable success
We are keen to talk to proven senior sales and commercial candidates who have experience in an adjacent complex purchasing category comprising of equipment, support and consumables. You will be selling into purchasing decision makers at all levels, so commercial acumen and professionalism is essential.
Skills and Attributes
We expect the selected candidate to have the following attributes to be successful in this role and wider business:
- Commercial Drive
- Customer Facing
- Direct sales / Account Management skills
- Problem Solving
- Office automation i.e. Microsoft Office especially Excel for data manipulation
- Proficient in business systems for data mining, report compilation and analysis, ideally in Oracle and Salesforce
- Influence and negotiation
- Commercial contracts
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and highly respected business. The position is brand new and with that, comes a fantastic chance to make it your own from the start. We are open to sector background but do bear in mind the business operates in the fast-moving consumer industry, so if you have aligned sector knowledge this would be advantageous.
If you feel you are ready for the next challenge, then please apply.