TVM (Total Value Management) Engineer - 35339 - up to £24.10/hr Ltd Co
Location - Gaydon, Warwickshire
A TVM (Total Value Management) Engineer is required to co-ordinate cross- functional teams to identify / develop and deliver material cost reduction actions with minimum supervision, ensuring all areas of the business are fully integrated with the change.
You will lead the development of engineering and purchasing actions, in conjunction with our suppliers, with the specific aim of reducing the cost of components / assemblies, whilst ensuring cost reduction actions progress to plan. You will need to liaise with Plant Logistics and Manufacturing to ensure TVM actions are promptly timed and implemented with minimal effect to production. You will support and coordinate the Matched Pair teams in the delivery of strategy planning (SCD and CBP Process) to the agreed annual refresh schedule, having the skill for managing complex diaries, tight time scales and relationship building with key stakeholders at all levels within the business.
3 Key Skills Required:
1) Proven project management skills, including support for product development and purchasing projects.
2) Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues to leverage knowledge and experience.
3) Tenacity and steadfastness to follow through and complete delivery, using initiative to find solutions.
- Project management of teams in improving value and cost for a range of commodities.
- Familiarity with change management and new product introduction processes.
- Holding a high level of data analysis and interpretation.
- Good business acumen and knowledge of finance analysis.
- Experience of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques. A good general knowledge of vehicle component design and or manufacture. HND or Degree.
Although primary location is Gaydon the role may require travel between all sites (Whitley / Castle Bromwich / Solihull / Halewood/Wolverhampton).
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.