- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matthew Stride
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446108
- Expiry Date: 05 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59397
Job title: Trimmer
Salary Range: £23,589 per annum
Hours: 06.00 – 14.00/14.00 – 22.00 - 37.5-hour week
A permanent role working for a design led automotive manufacturing business supplying high end automotive exterior vehicle upgrade parts for mainline OEMs.
A Trimmer Operator is required to join the production side of the company. A good work ethic with an appetite to perform quality work is needed to fulfil this role to the best of its abilities. Ability to understand and solve problems is desirable for the role too.
This role is within the Pontypool area and the right person will be able to access Pontypool easily. As a Trimmer, you will be required to:
- Automotive trimmers are responsible for upholstering motor vehicle seats, in the interiors of motor vehicles.
- You will be experienced working within the Automotive or Upholsterer on leather/ultra-leathers etc as a Trimmer Operator.
- You will require a good understanding of Trimming processes to ensure the product is produced to the correct quality and conformity specifications.
- You will be responsible for ensuring you build and approve a quality product in line with the SOP and any other Quality standards.
- Work as part of a team and alone to assure all work is complete.
- Have a technical or production background.
- Be able to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be open to learn and to undertake training methods to help in the role.
- Work towards Health and Safety standards in the company and communicate issues to direct managers. The right candidate will be required to remove and re-install, seat covers from seats on broad range of modern vehicles.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and hygiene are always maintained in line with 5S principles
- Always wear appropriate safety protection and ensure compliance with Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all EDC company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, ethics, values, and codes of conduct.
- To contribute towards achieving and maintaining high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by your manager.
The Trimmer should have the following skills or experience:
- Technical or production background and experience.
- Be able to work within a team or by themselves.
- A good eye for detail.
- Able to work to a high standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good technical or manufacturing background for a high end manufacturing environment. In return for your experience, this Pontypoolbased manufacturer will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Great working conditions
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Automotive Trimming within high volume manufacturing and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Trimmer Role, please contact Matt Stride at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.