Trim Development Engineer
This is an exciting time for our Client as their business has seen significant growth over the last few years and more recently completed some valuable acquisitions to greater support expansion. Due to the increase in business they are looking to complement their teams based across the country and are currently recruiting for a Trim Engineer to support the business based in Coventry.
As a Trim Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Prototype production level cover patterns and prototype seat development to support styling reviews.
- Support pre-production and production launches of trim covers, ensuring timely closure of engineering design related concerns.
- Control and implement trim development work order system and monitor and liaise with trim technicians on trim changes pre and post job.
- Ensure feasibility for trim design to customer and internal standards and liaise with program teams & report technical trim changes.
- Own program PLM, RFQ, ECN, & DCR as well as the Trim BOM, DFMEA's, trim drawing release review and undertake tasks from internal& external meetings
The successful candidate will hold a degree level qualification in manufacturing engineering / materials / product development.
You will have worked in a similar environment and can demonstrate knowledge and expertise in manufacturing engineering procedures and standards.
You will have experience of facility & tooling requirements, process documentation, work station layout planning.
Experience working with MS Word and Excel is a must you will need experience in production patterning and capability able to produce foams from CAD sections.