Our Client, a world leader in the development of High Speed Amphibian Technology, is looking for a Trim CAD Engineer (Contract) to work on new innovative programmes.
As a Trim Engineer you will:
- Perform component design, layout, sizing, and performance analyses
- Create 3D and 2D designs and documents for assigned components
- Update master vehicle model regularly as designs iterate
- Assist in developing and preparing presentation drawings including writing engineering change requests (ECR's), Engineering Releases and engineering instructions
- Review Engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Be responsible for GD&T, BOM development and control
- Serve as technical resource for complex assignments
- Provide support in developing planning (time/cost) documentation and corresponding program status reporting
- Maintain complete records of designs and qualification tests for assigned components
- Interpret the principles, theories and concepts of assigned specialised technical area in order to provide complete designs, inclusive of packaging, detail parts, complex layouts and design documentation
What you will be/have:
- Degree or equivalent in Design/ Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
- Experience Areas - Trim, Seating, Interior, doors, general packaging of electrical and body components
- Working Knowledge of GD&T
- Thorough working knowledge of CATIA V5 backed up by 5 years' experience used in an Engineering organisation
- Broad design and packaging background across all major vehicle systems and areas.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering materials and their properties including an understanding of stress analyses within a weigh critical application.
- Strong appreciation of corrosion prevention methods, materials and processes.
- Customer Oriented (Internal and External)
- Hands- On mechanical skills and experience with Automotive or related vehicles and systems
Interested Candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience or request addition information to Chiara Caterisano