Competitive salary, annual bonus & pension contributions
Job title: Weapons System Engineer
Salary Range: £30k-£40k depending upon experience
Location: Telford, Washington OR Bristol
A Weapons System Engineer is required on a permanent basis in Telford, working for a leading military vehicle client.
The business is currently preparing for an exciting period of growth ahead of key armoured vehicle programmes for the UK MOD. We are now looking for proactive individuals with a willingness to lead and integrate into large engineering development programmes.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of the team developing, integrating and testing one of the most revered and battle-proven armoured vehicles in the world. You will become a key part of the engineering team, leading and executing your own technical area to enable the successful delivery of the programme.
We are building a team of engineers, managers and leaders who will drive excellence and deliver the best for our customers. As part of this team you will be given the opportunity to stretch and grow, and continuously develop in a dynamic and high performing group delivering a high status project.
If you are driven to succeed, thrive on challenge, and are interested making your mark in the field of military vehicle development, this role should hold much appeal.
Overview - Position Purpose
As a Weapon Systems Engineer, you will be getting involved in the creation and definition of technical solutions, including weapon system design and integration at the system and sub-system level. This is a varied role which will expose you to lots of different sub-systems.
This is a demanding role, requiring close liaison between Engineering teams and suppliers.
Significant drive and energy, strong systems engineering skills, and the ability to deliver a diverse programme to demanding time, target cost and quality requirements are essential attributes to succeed.
The candidate must be a team player who is prepared to work with a multi-site engineering team within RBSL and the customer community. The individual will be required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive balanced system solutions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Creation and definition of technical solutions, including, weapon system design and integration at the system and sub-system level, including areas such as:
- Fire Control Systems
- Surveillance and Target Acquisition Systems
- Weapon Control Systems
- Ballistic Computation Systems
- Analysis of customer requirements, their derivation and allocation to system, sub-system levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
- Management and supervision of other engineers including conducting annual people processes.
- When appropriate, the supervision of undergraduates or young persons assigned for training to assist in the development of their knowledge and skills
- Production of specifications and designs which fulfil contractual requirements and contribute to cost-effective solutions.
- Development of System and Subsystem design documentation.
- Responsible for system design and integration into vehicle platforms.
- Responsible for acceptance and verification testing of systems.
- Considering safety, risk, reliability and maintainability associated with the technical solution, in conjunction with subject matter experts.
- Review and development of a System model (SysML) in accordance with requirements and design maturation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.