- Sector: Land systems
- Function: Field Service & Engineering
- Contact: Jade Whitmore
- Contact Email: Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 00000
- Expiry Date: 01 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59665
Job title: Trials and Validation Consultant
Salary Range: Competitive salary (negotiable depending upon experience) + range of very attractive benefits
Location: Can be based at either Bath, Plymouth, Fareham, Glasgow or Weymouth. There is an option for flexible working and working from home. You will also be required to visit clients on site regularly.
As part of our clients exciting growth plans, we are looking for Trials and Validation Consultants, with varying levels of experience, to join the team in delivering an independent technical evaluation and reporting services.
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible team members, with demonstrable experience of military Combat Systems, Operations and a thorough understanding of Information Assurance and Security. An understanding of Strategic Weapons Systems, Sonar or Land systems would be useful.
This can range from supporting integration and acceptance of new equipment and systems in order to verify and validate evidence against a requirement set, through to in-service data capture and analysis for whole-life performance measurement.
The main responsibilities of the role will be as follows:
- Generate and provide input into T&V specific deliverables as required by the Capability Managers, Leads and Project Manager
- Lead, facilitate or provide technical support to working groups, discussions and workshops and help to drive outcomes through to completion
- Develop and/or support seniors in the development of requirements from scratch and/or information provided from a customer or supplier; acting as an intelligent customer, focussing on System and User Requirements with the overall aim of obtaining the best results for the client
- Instigate, plan and undertake all aspects of development, assessment and acceptance testing and trials in complex and challenging customer operating environments
- Provide technical scrutiny of documentation ensuring comments are focused on the improvement of the final artefact
As a Trials & Validation Consultant, you should have the following skills or experience:
- You will hold an HND/ HNC or degree in Electronic/ Electrical Engineering or, alternatively, the equivalent experience in an appropriate specialisation.
- Additionally, we look forward to learning more about your Knowledge of Integration, Testing & Systems Acceptance processes
- Experience of Acceptance, Tests and Trials or your ability to confidently advise on correct procedures and policy
- Knowledge of the CADMID cycle, the V-Model and the Defence Lines Of Development;
- Professional communication skills and ability to present information clearly.
- Please note, to be considered for this role you must be a UK National and eligible to hold UK Security Clearance with at least SC level.
This company has one of the best benefits packages on the market and in return for your commitment, will offer you the following:
- Competitive base salary between £36k-£42k depending upon experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Eye test and glasses contribution vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab voucher
- Flexible working and options to work from home
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Holiday trading options up to 10 days per year
- My benefit discount- online discount portal for shopping
- Wellbeing fund- £250 per year voucher to use towards a hobby or interest that promotes physical or mental wellbeing.
- Very competitive pension scheme along with profession pension advice
- Salary and performance reviews
- + MORE (full brochure sent upon application)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Trials & Validation Consultant role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.