A Transmissions Design Engineer is required for a powertrain systems company in Wolverhampton. Rate up to £33ph.
The DriveTrain Systems team are looking for a Transmissions Design Engineer with Pro/Engineer - Creo experience. The team have engineering responsibility for all small drivetrain components with a focus on transmissions.
- This role will play a key part in either; the design, development, integration and validation of transmission design solutions (new or existing), or addressing known field issues and supporting production line quality and velocity, or supporting the generation of cost reduction ideas through design studies.
- Reporting directly to the engineering supervisor the individual will be required to manage the resolution of multiple issues.
- Technical design, development and test experience is required, and transmissions and/or drive-train component and system design is preferred along with some project management or experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of engineers providing technical expertise. The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering systems. Pro/Engineer (Creo) experience is required in addition drive-train or driveline systems (rotating components) design and development experience.
* Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
* Pro Engineering competence.
* Experience of driveline/engine development, design, installation, test and validation.
* Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
* Proven mechanical engineering competence, either in the field of root cause analysis or component/system level validation.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.