- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: May/June 2022
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61067
Transmission Test Technician
Up to £21.00/hr - Inside IR35
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
Are you a mechanic that has experience in automotive/plant machinery/HGV type industries?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transmission Test Technician to join a team involved in a variety of powertrain validation projects on a variety of test cells and machines. Covering both mechanical aspects of transmissions build/strip/inspection and test cell operation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area.
- Follow and work to Engineers instructions to operate test cell and complete required test plans.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, where required.
- Instrument powertrains with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on various types of transmissions (Powershift, CVT, Manual, Hydrostatic).
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
- Produce electrical looms to interface powertrains to test cells.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM)
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Demonstrable level of mechanical, hydraulic aptitude with a good working knowledge of transmissions.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- The ability to use hand/power tools and lifting equipment
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience.
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Test cell operation.
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles.
- Welding and Fabrication skills.
- Electrical fault finding.
- First pass data analysis.
For further information, please send your interest and CV to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.