Senior Engineer - Transmission Calibration & Development Engineer (PROP642)
Salary: £34,000 - £44,000
Posted Date: 15/03/2018
Expiry Date: 14/04/2018
Summary of Department and Role
The powertrain calibration engineer will be part of the powertrain team responsible for delivering the Shift Performance, Drivability and Performance (PED) to agreed target levels.
Automatic Transmission calibration & development engineer will be involved in development of Shift Maps, Pedal Maps & Gearshift quality of both conventional and low carbon vehicles.
Senior engineers lead aspects of development programmes within the Propulsion department and report directly to the Lead Engineer.
Main Activities & Tasks
* Act as an Automatic transmission Calibration advisor and consultant on several concurrent Automotive engineering projects
* Develop Automatic Transmission calibrations to meet PED targets.
* Support or conduct data acquisition, analysis and drive appraisal activities.
* Manage and conduct Environmental tests in support of vehicle projects.
* Provide Automatic Transmission support to engineering teams in UK & India.
* Planning and management of Transmission Projects.
* Develop Processes and Procedures.
* Provide Calibration status to Project Reviews.
* Report directly to Lead Engineer.
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and is subject to change. The post holder may be required to undertake others duties within the scope and grading of the post.
Other Features of Role
* Limited travel to India on as required basis to support ongoing projects
* Travel to test facilities to perform environmental evaluations typically HET & CET, suppliers & other locations world-wide on an as required basis to support programmes.
* Attendance at external meetings, conferences and technical seminars as required.
-Desirable - Degree qualified or similar qualification in Mechanical Engineering (HNC) with experience
-Desirable - Already chartered or working towards chartered status
-Essential - Knowledge of product development systems
-Essential - Knowledge of automatic transmission, (GCT, CVT, AMT, EV) fundamentals
-Essential - Knowledge of automatic transmission gear shift quality evaluation
-Essential - Knowledge of automatic transmission shift map and pedal map development
Relevant Skills for Position
-Essential - Technical report writing
-Essential - Performance and driveability attribute management
-Essential - Critical evaluation and decision making
-Essential - Capable of designing experiments to explore boundaries of the automatic transmission
-Essential - Demonstrates a disciplined and methodological approach
-Essential - Capable of leading a project element with support from more senior staff when necessary
-Essential - Automatic transmission vehicle and component subjective assessment
-Essential - A minimum of five years` experience in automatic transmission calibration and development
-Desirable - Powertrain small car experience
-Desirable - Experience in using INCA, AVL_Drive and CANalyzer and other calibration tools
-Essential - Powertrain integration experience
-Essential - Experience working within OEM product development system
-Essential - Experience in a range of test methodologies to explore (Vehicle performance, driveability, refinement)
-Essential - Team player with good logical reasoning
-Essential - Strong numeracy and literacy
-Desirable - Self-motivated and strong team player
-Desirable - Ability to overcome cultural barriers
-Essential - Good logical reasoning
-Essential - Ability to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service