Excellent salary plus bonus and benefits
Trainee Design Engineer
£Competitive salary and benefits for this level of role.
We are recruiting for a Trainee Design Engineer for a global Company who design, manufacture and assemble for the rail infrasturure sector.
The objective of the role once trained is to efficiently engineer safe, accurate and complete manufacturing instructions and technical drawings.
Job duties (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- Work to understand departmental systems and develop an ability to identify areas for improvement
- Produce renewal and export 1:50 layout drawings using CAD. Working with others to clarify requirements.
- Produce detailed manufacturing instructions (2D CAD drawings, work instructions and some NC information)
- Assist in the drafting of standard detail drawings
- Work to understand production routes
- Assist with the resolution of production related problems
- Assist in the implementation of new products
- Work to understand manufacturing costs and process times
Candidates with a Degree / Btec/ ONC in Mechanical Engineering will be of interest.
Excellent progression opportunities exist for an Engineer who wants to grow within the business.
Working office hours are 8:30 – 17:00 Monday to Thursday and 8:30 – 15:45 Friday. However there is a flexible time working policy in place for the office staff.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have a Degree / Btec/ ONC in Mechanical Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Gemma Skidmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.