Salary up to £56k+ benefits
Trade Compliance and Export Control Manager
Telford / Washington T&W / Bristol
In support of a globally recognised defence vehicle manufacturing company, based near Telford or Washington (T&W) or Bristol, our Client is seeking an experienced Trade Compliance / Export Control Manager to manage the development of and adherence to all export control compliance requirements including all company policies and procedures and laws and regulations. You will also drive, support and lead on export control activities across the business with the ability to operate current and future product lines minimising infringement risks and securing advantageous positions. You should have awareness of UK, Germany and US Export Control laws, where possible within the defence sector.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to have wide exposure into the Group business working with all areas of the business. You will work in a role which is considered high priority with a small team who work very closely with each other offering support as required. You will manage and coach this team seeing them develop and making yourself the subject matter expert around export control for the business.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a small team of trade compliance/export control officers, mentor and manage the team to ensure adherence to the policies and procedures required to be compliant including sharing knowledge understanding and expertise
- Act as the subject matter expert for more complex advice and guidance on Export Control regulatory and procedure requirements.
- Provide Guidance to others as well as drafting and submitting UK export licence requests.
- Provide Guidance to others as well as drafting and submitting German export licence requests.
- Provide Guidance to others as well as drafting and submitting EAR licence requests.
- Provide Guidance to others as well as drafting and submitting ITAR General correspondence letters.
- Provide expert advice in ITAR Agreements - Technical Assistance and Manufacturing License.
- Review and approve/reject Supplier Declaration forms.
- Review and approve/reject manual transfer requests.
- Allocate applicable UK, German and US licences to inbound outbound movements of material and data.
- Manage Export Control Investigations, draft Disclosure letters, identify corrective actions and lead root cause analysis and lessons learned reviews.
- Update registers/workspace/GTS as required.
- Manage Export Control assurance activities as required and support audits by Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Escalate Export Control risks and mitigation strategies and support risk reviews.
- Develop and deliver internal export control training
- Managing the development of export control compliance into each individual area across the business
- Owning export control policy and processes including establishing mandatory requirements and subsequent reporting
- Pro-actively ensuring compliance with the business operational framework and export control requirements, ensuring that the business as a whole is compliant with relevant Export Control Regulations and Procedures
- Owning export control matters and requirements within the RBSL business and undertaking and complying with audits to demonstrate compliance
- Leading formal and regulatory export control investigations and formulating evidence and establishing a determination against potential breaches
- Effective contribution to business performance in an advisory capacity, providing advice in simple language that is easy for the audience to understand
What Qualifications and Experience You Should Have
- Expert knowledge of UK, German and US Export Controls laws and regulations in their application to business activities having worked in an export control position within the defence sector.
- Previous experience managing and coaching others.
- Engagement with shared service customers at all levels.
- Interaction with Internal Audit and external auditors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all
If you feel you have the experience to support this role, then please apply directly or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com)
“Please be aware that many roles working for our Client will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.”
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.