£20k per year + pension, 24 days holiday plus bank
01384 446 174
Administration Coordinator: Tracking and Quotes
Permanent position within the Logistics, 3pl industry
Salary: circa £19,000 - £20,000
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm
Dynamic and modern freight and logistics business based in Redditch looking to recruit an organised Administrator to work within their Time Critical tracking, Quotes and European Team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Administrator to focus within a fast-paced logistics business, right at the forefront of Brexit, Customs, import and export, delivering goods across the UK and Europe.
Key areas you will be Responsible for:
- Effective, accurate and timely management of European and International support tasks listed below,
- Managing customer enquiries by phone and email / orders and loading them onto the system
- Booking and tracking shipments
- Sourcing and communicating with suppliers required for transport.
- Responding to customer enquiries, providing quotations, and keeping them updated as to the progress of jobs.
- Closing out job files by obtaining POD and any other required information (Purchase orders, references etc), and scanning documents onto the system
- Reviewing routes and suppliers to ensure transport is planned cost effectively and to maximise profitability.
- Ensuring clear and accurate communication with the warehouse so they are aware of returns and outgoing loads and can plan work effectively.
- Keeping on top of legislation requirements, including WTD, tachos and maintenance for different vehicle types
- Monitoring and following up trailer damage issues to ensure that the proper information is captured and that customers are aware of any charges incurred.
- Ensuring completed jobs are updated on the system and checked prior to invoicing.
- Ensuring paperwork is filed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Managing priorities to achieve desired results and deadlines.
- Liaison with Operations, Accounts and Warehouse
- Effective escalation of issues relating to customer.
- Maintenance of system data and its integrity
Overall Purpose / Scope of Position
- To assist Operations with the above activities
- Ensuring all support tasks are undertaken and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- To ensure the Transport system is kept up to date with incoming enquiries and closing out jobs.
- Support Operators and Managers
- Any other reasonable request to support business requirement.
- Proven experience in a similar, fast paced office administration role.
- MS outlook and MS Office - full proficiency in Word and Excel
- An understanding of KPIs and the importance of monitoring these on a regular basis
- Using Database systems (desired)
- Working within a fast-paced environment
- Self-managing with good attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Must have a good level of English and Maths.
- Must have strong geographical UK knowledge.
- Must be computer literate including MS Office, email, spreadsheets, and transport databases.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities to meet requirements.
- Ability to adhere to processes.
- Leading by example with a self-motivated, “can do” approach to achieving requirements & targets.
- Must have a ‘Can Do Attitude’ and a desire to improve.
- Flexible – a “team player”
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.