Track Support Engineer - Powertrain
Basildon / International
A Track Support Engineer is required to act as a key contributor to the track-side engine operations. Candidates with previous international track support experience would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a renowned designer, manufacturer and builder of award winning race engine solutions, based in Basildon, requires a proactive Track Support Engineer to be the customer facing representative of the company at international racing events. As a Track Support Engineer you will be required to:
- Key person with direct interface to client race teams to assist in optimisation of engine performance while remaining reliable. This includes but not limited to EFI map tuning, simulations, pre and posts event reports and data analysis.
- Engineering analysis and problem solving of engine systems as related to the race cars and its intended use.
The Track Support Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or technological discipline
- Experience in a similar role at a professional motorsport level (powertrain), ideally F1, WEC, IndyCar, DTM or other relevant experience
- Proficient with engine electronic systems / calibration / sensors / wiring
- Experience with professional engine management software, such as McLaren, Magneti Marelli, Cosworth / Pectel, Life Racing or Motec
- High competence level with PC / typical software MS Office (particularly Excel), Matlab, etc.
- Flexibility to travel / work on weekends in line with race calendar requirements
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with customer facing skills and excellent organisation skills within a motorsport environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon based organisation will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Track Support Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. Candidates must be eligible to work within the UK. If you have any questions about the Track Support Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.