A Toolmaker is required for a prestigious precision manufacturer for a permanent position due to company expansion. The purpose of this role is to manufacture bespoke parts using CNC machines, manual machines and hand tools.
As a Toolmaker, your daily duties will be:
- Use a variety of machinery, hand tools and finishing methods such as; Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Numerical Control (CNC), lathes, milling, grinding, sanding, polishing wheels and bench drills, heat treatment of various metal types/grades and various welding techniques
- Carry out inspection and identify any cracks or flaws in the makeup of the material that may lead to failure
- Adjust and fit bespoke parts to achieve optimum working
- Work to engineering drawings
- Manufacture high quality tooling, working to tight tolerances
The Toolmaker should have the following skills or experience:
- You will be a fully skilled Apprentice trained Toolmaker
- You will be fully trained in the use of all tool room machinery and hand tools
- Used to working to tight tolerances
- The ability to interpret engineering drawings
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for anyone looking for a new role as a Toolmaker, in return you will be offered:
- Fantastic working environment
- In-house training to develop your knowledge
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with prestigious clients with interesting projects.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Toolmaker position, please contact Ed Burch at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 129.