4 months ago
As a manufacturer of extrusion profiles, the company are looking for a Toolmaker to is make precision tools (such as jigs, moulds and dies). You will have experience of making tools used in plastics manufacturing, preferably in extrusion.
The Toolmaker duties include:
· The Toolmaker is responsible for making precision tools (such as jigs, moulds, and dies), which are then used in the manufacturing production process to make our uPVC products.
· Be able to read engineering drawings to produce parts required using Lathes & drills, milling machines, grinding machines etc.
· Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
· Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
· Inspect finished dies and calibrators for correct fittings, surface finish, contour conformity, and defects.
· Set up and operate conventional, CNC or NC machine tools such as lathes, WEDM machines, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to given tolerances and specifications.
· Be able to measure finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as callipers, gauge blocks, micrometres, and dial indicators.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area.
The Toolmaker will have:
· Knowledge of the strengths and characteristics of metals and other materials.
· Understanding of different cutting tools.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes, especially the uPVC industry would be beneficial
To apply for this position, please email your latest CV to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.