- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Rachel Meacham
- Contact Email: Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446112
- Expiry Date: 05 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59390
Title: Tooling and Strategy Design Lead Engineer - 37403
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Castle Bromwich, possible split between CB and Gaydon in the future
Rate: - up to £32.77/hr Ltd (c£25.26/hr PAYE option)
This is a Lead Design Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering. Responsibilities will include:
- Leading teams who will deliver (under your guidance and control); the design of both Body in White (BIW) and Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures.
- Leading the delivery of Fixture Design from kick off to design delivery and successfully physical fixture handover.
- Leading the continual development of the department lessons learnt (Continual Improvement), and the continual development of JLR Tooling and Design Standards.
- Creating and updating Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- Gaining customer feedback, and driving that back into our working practices
- Complying with and ensuring that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- 2D Manufacturing (Detailed) Drawing Buy Offs and Handover.
- Managing buy-off and handing over of tooling designs with Customers and Tool room.
Projects could include (but not limited to):
- Body In White BIW Assembly Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry)
- Pallets Grippers (Geo and Non-Geo)
- Transfer System End Effectors, Put Downs, Take-Outs
- Trim & Final T&F Assembly Jigs and Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry)
- Hand Tools Lift Assistor End Effectors Carrier End Effectors
- Chassis Engine and Decking area Tooling / Hand Tools / End Effectors Robotic Cells Tooling - Tooling / Grippers / End Effectors
- Engineering Design Skills and Locator Strategy knowledge
- 3D Detail Design and 2D Detail Drawing experience
- Ability to do Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments
- Able to demonstrate a wide range of previous assembly fixture experiences.
- Working knowledge of Assembly and Part Locator Strategy Requirements
- 3D Tool Design Skills from Concept, through Detail to Detailing and Delivery
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Working knowledge of Assembly Tooling Standards
- Demonstrable Cost Engineering.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime
- Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
- Ability to collaborate to produce (Collision Free) Tool Collision Studies.
- Ability to collaborate to produce a robust Geometry Setting Process.
- Knowledge of JLR Tooling Standards Tool Standards.
- Ability to create and update JLR Tool Standards.
- Basic RobCAD abilities (ability to load high level viewing of RobCAD files within the RobCAD environment)
We are looking for Designers who come with a wealth of Design experience across the Automotive Build Process.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.