£27.83 - 27.83 per hour
3 months ago
Title: Tooling Strategy & Design Engineer - Design Risk Assessment
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate - up to £27.83/hr Ltd (which equals £21.49/hr PAYE rate) - INSIDE IR35
This is a Tooling Design Engineer with focus on Design Risk Assessment within Manufacturing Engineering.
The Design risk assessment role will sometimes be assigned to a particular Vehicle Programme, whose deliverables timing are governed by the Programme Timing framework. The Role could also be assigned to individual Design Commissions, where the timing is governed by the Customer Requirement for Functionality and Timing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation, analysis and delivery of Design Risk Assessments (DRA) for Body In White (BIW), Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures, Powertrain and Battery Assembly Fixtures. Design Projects WILL be varied. The more experience you can evidence the better.
- Design Risk Assessment from Kick Off to Design Delivery and successfully physical fixture handover.
- Support the continual development of the Department Lessons Learnt (Continual Improvement), and, the continual development of Tooling and Design Standards.
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge of delivering Design risk assessments.
- Drive improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working.
- To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed
Projects could include (but not limited to):
Body In White BIW Assembly Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Design Risk Assessment based on EN and BS Design Standard for BIW Pallets Grippers (Geo and Non-Geo) Transfer System End Effectors, Put Downs, Take-Outs Trim & Final T&F Assembly Jigs and Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Design Risk Assessment based on EN and BS Design Standard for T&F Pallets Hand Tools Lift Assistor End Effectors Carrier End Effectors Chassis Engine and Decking area Tooling / Hand Tools / End Effectors Robotic Cells Tooling - Tooling / Grippers / End Effectors.
The skills we are looking are, but not limited to, the following abilities:
- Good knowledge of EN, ISO and BS Design standards for T&F and BIW Assembly fixtures BIW, Trim & Final.
- Powertrain tooling design experience from 3D Concept to 3D Detailed and 2D Drawings design.
- Experience in creation of FMEA documentation.
- Ability to understand safety requirements for BIW, T&F, Powertrain equipment based on EN, ISO and BS Standards FMEA and safety standards knowledge for mechanical, pneumatically and electrical driven equipment.
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to Design safety requirements in line with EN, ISO and BS standards CATIA V5 - 3D design and 2D drafting experience.
Location: Gaydon with support of Midland Sites
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.