£50k per year + Car /Car Allowance + Early Finish Friday + Pension
Job Title - Tooling Programme Manager
£ 50,000 p.a. - £ 50,000 p.a. + Car/Car allowance + Pension + early finish Friday
Are you a Tooling Engineer, Tooling Project Manager or Tooling Programme Manager interested in working on advanced manufacturing projects for some of the most prestigious automotive manufacturers on the planet? We are looking for a Tooling Program Manager who has lead multiple injection moulding tooling projects. If this sounds like you continue reading..
Tooling Programme Manager responsibilities;
- Manage the specification, procurement, development and manufacturing integration of new or replacement tooling to support new product introduction and provide continuing technical support to design and manufacturing.
- Maintain and review a shortlist of preferred toolmakers, based on Quality, Cost, Capability, Management and Delivery.
- Provide budgetary and firm quotation packages from toolmakers for the provision of prototypes and production tooling for new products or replacement tools for existing products to meet the needs and expectations of the business in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide project management support to toolmakers in order to ensure delivery of project objectives.
- Negotiate effectively with toolmakers to reduce costs and lead times as appropriate using knowledge gained through experience of all parties and technical expertise to ensure that tooling solutions are both cost-effective and robust to deliver the objectives of the projects.
- Continued ownership and development of the Tool procurement manual, hold updates every three months with the team/group.
- Develop and implement a sustainable tool preventative/predictive maintenance standards to ensure optimisation of tool performance.
- Provide technical input into the design of components to maximise the principles of "Design for Manufacture" as appropriate to deliver the project objectives.
- Actively seek and encourage the input of manufacturing personnel, material suppliers and other appropriate parties into the continuous improvement of our tooling and manufacturing capabilities
An exciting opportunity for a Tooling Programme Manager with the following;
- Time served apprenticeship in toolmaking or equivalent technical qualification
- Experience in the specification, procurement, development and delivery of high-quality injection mould tooling solutions
- Willing to travel internationally
If you are a Tooling Programme Manager with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Tooling Programme Manager, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.