Seeking an experienced Tooling Engineer with a solid understanding of the application of cutting tools in machining operations
- Provide technical support to ensure tooling processes are defined and optimised.
- Manage 3 cost centre budgets: Head / Block / Crank.
- Plan annual budgets with continuous cost saving targets that are achievable year on year.
- Maintain the availability and reliability of tools whilst continuously meeting cost and quality targets.
- Ensuring the delivery of service 24/7.
- Maintain customer satisfaction.
- Process developments to ensure optimum performance.
- Choice of vendors & products to be used on site.
- Budget planning and achieving.
Key skill and experience:
- Knowledge of automotive machining processes (e.g CNC, Transfer machines)
- Able to understand detailed engineering drawings.
- In-depth knowledge of cutting tools and their application in the automotive industry.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Able to manage problems using sound problem management tools.
- Ability to plan and control simple budgets.
- Self motivated with a high level of personal drive.
- Ability to support and co-ordinate small teams as a key team player.
- Ability to use IT systems.
Education & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing of automotive components with a proven knowledge of tooling applications, tool control processes and tool development.
- Specific knowledge and experience of PCD, CBN, Super Finishing & Grinding.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. HNC, Membership of Professional Institution)
- Minimum of 4 years Apprenticeship in Engineering discipline
This is a 6 month contract position based in Birmingham, hourly rate is negotiable depending upon experience.
It is imperative that applicants demonstrate and prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.