£Comp + Bens
about 1 year ago
A Tooling Engineer is required to work within the Production Engineering Department, working closely with both Design and Manufacture, designing and detailing work holding tooling drawings that ensure the part is manufactured through appropriate operations in the most efficient way. Candidates with experience of producing detailed drawings of manufacturing tooling would be well received.
- Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Tooling Engineer to undertake CAD modelling, drafting and detailing, using Siemens NX 3D CAD. As a Tooling Engineer you are required to:
- Design and create detail drawings of Manufacturing Tooling for all projects including individual components and assemblies
- Review existing Tooling techniques to determine areas of improvement on efficiency
- Raise the Engineering Method for Tooling Components
- Provide associated tooling manufacturing advice to Engineers
- Work closely with Manufacturing to ensure Tooling Design meets expectations
- Liaise with the Gear Technology function for gauges, tools and data
The Tooling Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Minimum of a HNC in an engineering related discipline
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as an appreciation of 3D modelling and engineering drawings
- Structured approach to problem solving
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience within a production or engineering environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Tooling Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Tooling Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.