Job Title - Tooling / Launch Engineer
Salary Range - up to £27 per hour
Location - Wolverhampton
Industry - Automotive
Tooling / Launch Engineer - Automotive - Warwickshire - up to £30 per hour
An opportunity has arisen for a Tooling/Launch Engineer to work for this luxury automotive OEM based in the Warwickshire area. as Tooling Engineer, you will be reporting to the STM Programme Tooling Manager within the T&PPG organisation, you will be responsible for assisting and ensuring the suppliers and toolmakers robustly deliver CAD/Tool Design Feasibility, Process/Tool Planning and timing stages of the project, transitioning through the project to support launch at the relevant Jaguar Land Rover production facility.
You will be the direct link between Product Design, nominated supplier, Purchasing and the production plant, responsible for ensuring appropriate timing, quality loops, build support, reporting and issue resolution from snags raised by Dimensional Maturation and Build Integrity/Manufacturing Production, in the development of the new pressed parts.
- Pressed Tool Apprenticeship - Transfer/Tandum/Progression Tools
- Automotive panel/assembly development experience
- Familiar with APQP/PPAP Par quality sign off process
- Demonstrated success in managing and delivering tooling programmes.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate resolution of complex cross functional issues
- Demonstrates, Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills. Being able to operate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Showing self-motivation and ability to work under own initiative.
- No Travel restrictions for World Wide Travel and possess full UK driving Licence
- Time served Press Tool Making (preferred) or Body Construction Process/Tooling Apprenticeship
- Experienced within a Vehicle Engineering/Quality Function and familiar with project management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, 8D, EQAP or similar
Interface between Product Development and Purchasing and nominated supplier/ toolmaker in tool part development, followed by Dimensional management and build integrity team in part sign off acceptance
If you would like to know more about this role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens.