£27.83 - 27.83 per hour
Title: Tooling and Fixtures Design Engineer
Division: Manufacturing Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate - up to £27.83/hr Ltd (which equals £21.79/hr PAYE rate) INSIDE IR35
This is a Jig & Fixture Design Engineer role within Manufacturing Engineering. The Assembly Fixture and Pallet Design Role will sometimes be assigned to a particular Vehicle Programme, whose deliverables timing are governed by the Programme Timing framework. The role could also be assigned to individual Design Commissions, where the timing is governed by the Customer Requirement for Functionality and Timing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of both Body In White (BIW) and Trim and Final (T&F) Assembly Fixtures. Design Projects WILL be varied. The more experience you can evidence the better.
- Fixture Design from Kick Off to Design
- Delivery and Successfully physical fixture handover.
- Support the continual development of the Department Lessons Learnt (Continual Improvement), and, the continual development of Tooling and Design Standards
- Demonstrate a wide range of previous Assembly Fixture experiences.
- Project Manage a Design Project with minimal Lead Engineering support
- Coordinate and Manage Internal Customers and Suppliers (to provide data in a timely manner)
- Drive Improvements into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- Create and Update into our Standards, Processes and Methods of working
- Gain Customer Feedback, and drive that back into our working practices
- To manage buy-off and hand-over of tooling designs with Customers and Tool room. Working knowledge of Assembly Tooling Standards and Pallet Designs
- To comply with and ensure that all data delivered is robust, meets expectations and is properly managed Demonstrable Cost Engineering.
- Cost & feasibility studies in support of engineering change proposals
Projects could include (but not limited to):
Body In White BIW Assembly Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Pallets Grippers (Geo and Non-Geo) Transfer System End Effectors, Put Downs, Take-Outs Trim & Final T&F Assembly Jigs and Fixtures (Geometry and Non-Geometry) Pallets Hand Tools Lift Assistor End Effectors Carrier End Effectors Chassis Engine and Decking area Tooling / Hand Tools / End Effectors Robotic Cells Tooling - Tooling / Grippers / End Effectors
The skills we are looking for are, but not limited to, the following abilities
- Engineering Design Skills and Locator Strategy knowledge
- Concept design and detailed design of Pallets
- 3D Detail Design and 2D Detail Drawing experience
- Ability to do Compatibility Assessments / Impact Assessments
- 3D Tool Design Skills from Concept, through Detail to Detailing and Delivery
- Ability to generate and resolve Design Snags and Issues.
- Driving resolutions of issues and feeding back.
- 2D Manufacturing (Detailed) Drawing Buy Offs and Handover.
- Ability to assess both internal and external designs with respect to total lifetime Value For Money Assessment (for Design, Industrialisation and Production).
- Ability to collaborate to produce (Collision Free) Tool Collision Studies.
- Ability to collaborate to produce a robust Geometry Setting Process
We are looking for someone who is:
- A strong team player, who actively supports team members
- An individual with good problem solving skills, with the ability to drive effective engineering solutions
- An individual with the ability to effectively plan and deliver against customer and programme requirements
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual, who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs
- A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas, across multi-functional groups
- A proactive individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way, whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- We are looking for Designers who come with a wealth of Design experience across the Automotive Build Process.
Location: Gaydon with support of Midland Sites
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.