- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 17 June 2022
- Job Ref: 61756
Role: Tool Maker
Salary: Excellent - all dependant on experience
Hours: 730am - 400pm (4 day week - Friday off)
We manufacture in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries and are member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Turnover £75m, headcount c900 employees, 8 countries (USA, Mexico, Italy, Luxemburg, UK, China, Korea, Japan), 9 locations (including 3 shared sites).
Our Stourport site:
Turnover - circa £20m; headcount - circa 320 employees
OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
- The Toolmaker role is a demanding and extremely varied role, which will require you to provide tooling for different types and sizes of machinery on site.
- The preferred candidate will be an apprentice trained Engineer capable of working with good mechanical engineering skills, being able to help overhaul and maintain our press tooling.
- This role will have a valuable impact on our core operational targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Service and repair tooling (strip down, clean, lubricate and rebuild)
- Support new project tooling from commissioning stages through to start of production
- Manufacture new tooling and ancillary spares
- Ensure company targets are met in respect of quality of parts produced
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
- To be committed to and champion a strong EHS and 6S culture on site.
- To develop a strong culture of near miss reporting across all staff to assist in driving improvements to the site safety performance.
- To be committed to the Group-wide ethics and compliance programme, RBP; ensuring a common approach to doing business the right way and adhering at all times to the core elements of the programme - values, policies/guidance, training/education and compliance risk assessment.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Apprenticeship or equivalent in an engineering discipline preferred
- This is a hands on job requiring engineering skill levels to craft level or similar/higher
- Conversant with H&S rules, regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of manual handling
- Able to confidently work to engineering drawings
- Be confident and experienced in working with;
- bench fitting
- surface grinding
- Cylindrical grinding
- Wire / spark eroders
- Applicants with a background in production machinery preferred
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.