£25k - 28k per year
Job title: Tig Welder (Contract or Permanent Positions Available)
Salary Range: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (£12.99 - £14.55 per hour) with a shift allowance of 14% for the late shift
Overtime: Paid at a premium
Hours: Permanent 05:45 - 13:45 Mon – Thurs/ 05:55 - 13:00 Friday or
Permanent 14:15 - 22:25 Mon – Thurs/ 13:00 - 19:00 Friday
Permanent role working for a leading high-tech precision engineering company supplying products into industries such as Transport & Rail, Equipment manufacturers, Fusion & Nuclear, Healthcare and Renewables
5 Tig Welders are required with experience and knowledge of TIG welding and understanding information prescribed within weld procedure specifications (WPS).
Candidates with MIG welding, experience working with pressure vessels, Dye Pen, CSWIP or PCN2 qualifications will be well received.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Oxford is looking for 5 Tig Welders to work with highly skilled colleagues in an innovative and collaborative team.
As a Tig welder you will be required to:
- Predominantly Tig weld
- Be able to work to a high standard to maintain the reputation of the company and meet regulations
- Be able to Tig weld at various thicknesses and positions
- Gain and maintain Tig welding codes
- Understand information prescribed within weld procedure specifications (WPS).
- Undergo welding duties such as forming, grinding and operating overhead cranes
The Tig Welder should have the following skills or experience:
- Extensive experience of TIG welding in a manufacturing environment alongside a selection of fabrication techniques.
- Previous experience of working to industry standards such as AD Merkblatt 2000, PD 5500 and BS1090 would be advantageous.
- Any additional experience of MIG welding and working with pressure vessels would be advantageous, as would Dye Pen, CSWIP or PCN2 qualifications
- Self-motivated and flexible in your approach, you will have excellent communication skills and thrive working in a fast paced, solutions orientated environment
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Tig Welding background. In return for your experience, this Oxford based manufacturer will offer you:
- Permanent contract or Temporary if that's preferred
- £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (£12.99 - £14.55 per hour) with a 14% shift allowance on the late shift
- Overtime in align to the business demands
- 37 hour week
- 33 days holiday
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life assurance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in Tig welding within a precision manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Tig Welding role, please contact Matt Stride at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.