- Sector: Nuclear
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Matthew Stride
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446108
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58805
Job title: Tig Welder
Salary Range: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum/ £15.59 - £18.19 Per Hour
Overtime: Paid at a premium
Hours: 06.00 – 14.00 Permanent / 14.00 – 22.00 Rotating
Permanent role working for a leading high-tech precision engineering company supplying products into industries such as the nuclear sector.
2 Tig Welders are required with experience and knowledge of TIG welding and working within thickness of forgings (12mm to 200mm) and being able to apply this to plates within 60-70mm. Also being able to work to tough requirements such as Duplex 2205.
Due to increased business requirements the facility in Wolverhampton is looking for 2 Tig Welders to work with highly skilled colleagues in an innovative and collaborative team.
As a Tig welder you will be required to:
- Work to a variety of procedures covering TIG, MAG, FCAW etc.
- Welding of parts in the following metals: Stainless, Duplex, Carbon, Nickel Chrome, Aluminium & Monel.
- Wide range of thicknesses of plates and sections working with electric or manual hand tools as required to support the job
- Interpret and work to MITPs, Route cards, Drawings, Weld Maps and WPS requirements
- Follow weld maps and record consumables onto weld history sheets
- Maintain working area to a clean and tidy standard during and at the end of shift
- Carry out routine checks of welding equipment to ensure that it is in good working order prior to use
- Practice and promote Health, Safety, and Environmental compliance during all operations and participate in the development and maintenance of a culture in which health, safety and environmental management is everyone’s key priority and comply with all relevant Quality Management policies, procedures and processes
The Tig Welder should have the following skills or experience:
- Apprentice Trained – Engineering/Craft Studies/Welding Operations.
- Must be a Good Team Worker with Good communications skills
- 3-5 Years in either Nuclear or other High Integrity Industry (Essential)
- Experienced in welding safety critical components.
- Good dexterity and attention to detail
- Can work to strict quality requirements, understanding the expectations (volumetric inspection etc.).
- Fabrication and plating experience desirable
The Ideal Candidate should have the following personal specifications:
- Focuses on the customer- Works co-operatively with customers and stakeholders (internal and external) in order to meet and exceed their expectations
- Collaborates and Shares Knowledge- Seeks to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support
- Delivers Results/ Focuses on Solution - Plans what needs to be delivered and then focuses on making it happen
- Build Teams - Brings together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver business objectives
- Adapts to change - Is able to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
- Acts with Integrity and Professionalism - Demonstrates trust and integrity in their day to day working
- Holds Self & Others to Account - Sets clear performance objectives for self and others, monitoring progress and taking appropriate action to ensure delivery
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Tig Welding background. In return for your experience, this Wolverhampton based manufacturer will offer you:
- Permanent contract
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (£15.59 - £18.19 per hour)
- 37 hour week
- 33 days holiday
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life assurance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. Apply now If you have a background in Tig welding within a precision manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the Tig Welding role, please contact Matt Stride at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446108
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.