Job Title: Thermofluids Simulation Engineer
Salary Range: £38,000.00 - £47,000.00 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 10% bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Simulation Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar.
You will apply your knowledge of Engine Performance Simulation and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) to a variety of complex, engaging assignments that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
You will also be building deep expertise in this area, assisting others and evolving a technical network across the business.
* Identification, analysis, and resolution of engineering problems using good fundamental engineering knowledge, Engine Performance Simulation and Computational Fluid Dynamics.
* Technical delivery, support and provide advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers.
* Development and evolution of simulation processes to support future needs and to improve the effectiveness of the team working closely with process partners throughout Caterpillar.
* Building technical knowledge in engine performance and simulation.
* Develop and maintain an understanding of internal and external customers' needs.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Accredited Bachelor's degree in a relevant Engineering subject, plus some relevant academic or industrial experience in Engine Performance Simulation and/or CFD.
* Experience ideally gained working for a Gasoline, Natural Gas or Diesel Engine Manufacturer.
* Good understanding of the fundamentals of Engine Performance Simulation and CFD.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Ability to perform complex assignments.
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, project managers & process partners.
* Self-starter with a passion to grow expertise within in an interactive engineering environment.
* Experience with internal combustion engines.
* Good working knowledge of GT-Power or similar engine performance simulation codes.
* Experience of simulation software STARCCM+, Converge or similar CFD solvers.
* Experience of Multi-disciplinary optimisation tools such as HEEDS, ModeFrontier or I-Sight.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Thermofluids Simulation Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.