Thermofluids Simulation Engineer
Permanent Position: 37 Hours
Salary Range: £33,000.00 - £39,000.00 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 10% bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Simulation Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar. You will apply your knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and/or Engine Performance Simulation tools to a variety of complex, engaging assignments that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Identification, analysis, and resolution of engineering problems using good fundamental engineering knowledge, Computational Fluid Dynamics and/or Engine Performance Simulation tools
* Technical delivery, support and provide advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and suppliers
* Development and evolution of simulation processes to support future needs and to improve the effectiveness of the team
* Develop an understanding of internal and external customers' needs
* Accredited Bachelors degree in a relevant Engineering subject, plus some relevant academic or industrial experience in CFD and/or Engine Performance Simulation
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to perform complex assignments
* Self-starter with problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, project managers & process partners
* A passion to grow simulation skills within in an interactive engineering environment
* Experience with internal combustion engines
* Experience of STARCCM+, Converge or similar CFD solvers
* Experience of GT-Power or similar engine performance simulation codes
* Experience of Multi-disciplinary optimisation tools such as HEEDS, ModeFrontier or I-Sight
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be very high, so if you are interested in this role, please apply now or contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446119.