Title: Senior Thermal Fluids System Engineer
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Senior Thermal Fluids System Engineer
This role is responsible to lead the design and development and deliver harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, and other system interfaces with Jaguar Land Rover vehicles programmes. The person in this role is part of CORE group of competence and required to deliver Core thermal fluid system architectures for platforms, expertise is required to support the delivery of vehicle line programmes.
- Architectures and vehicles.
- Assist and contribute to the generation of system targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Contribute to the delivery of the thermal fluids specialism onto all programmes, this should be done in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
- Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
- Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested Manage the delivery of systems within Climate Thermal fluids group across the range of Jaguar Land Rover
- An individual with a customer first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable.
- An individual, who works independently, is results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- An individual with the capability to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with medium term planning. A resilient and enthusiastic who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs. A good communicator with the ability to communicate complex ideas. An effective team player, actively develops and supports team members
- An individual with the ability to challenge existing thinking in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
- Model based engineering (MBE)
- Requirements Management (RM)
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- Full driving licence
- Experience and knowledge in Refrigeration and cooling thermodynamic/thermofluid principles
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering, SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
- Experience in requirements capture using IBM Rational DOORS
- Experience in using control system design tools such as Matlab Simulink
- Experience in using calibration tools such as INCA.
- Willingness to be involved with overseas testing.
Note: Typical testing locations in which thermal test Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle program and activities: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE
Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent.
Area will support internal process
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience preferred
If you are interested in this CFD Thermofluids opportunity, please apply now. For more information, please contact Lois Weston on 01384446119.