This role is responsible to lead the design and development and deliver harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, and other system interfaces with vehicles programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of systems within Climate Thermal fluids group across the range of architectures and vehicles.
- Assist and contribute to the generation of system targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Contribute to the delivery of the thermal fluids specialism onto all programmes, this should be done in line with the Systems Engineering dicipline outlined by Product Creation Systems.
- Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
- Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
- Model based engineering (MBE)
- Requirements Management (RM)
- Good verbal and written communications
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
- Full driving licence
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience and knowledge in Refrigeration and cooling thermodynamic/thermofluid principles
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
- Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering, SysML using IBM Rational Rhapsody
- Willingness to be involved with overseas testing. Note: Typical testing locations in which thermal test Engineers may have to operate, depending on vehicle program and activities: UK, Europe, Sweden, USA, UAE