We are looking to for a Design Engineer (thermal) to join a small yet well established market leader in the Dudley area.
If you are a motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Design Engineer from a thermal/heat treatment background and are looking for a job opportunity with a small yet friendly and high performing West Midlands team based in the Dudley area then we would like to hear from you.
This job opportunity has come about due to a retirement of a long serving member of staff. The successful candidate will be tasked with working as part of a focused global engineering team that supports the Sales group in developing coil processing machinery for the steel and aluminium industries.
As the new Design Engineer (Thermal/Heat treatment), you will demonstrate a strong engineering background with an emphasis on thermal design and have an aptitude for prioritising your own work as well as having the ability to deliver high quality work to set deadlines as required.
As a Thermal/Heat treatment design engineer, you will:
- Create and review designs using 3D/2D CAD software programs (including Inventor and AutoCAD)
- Assist in specification and selection of proprietary components
- Liaise with all departments within the group providing technical support as required
- Liaise with the customers, partaking in site visits as required
To be considered for this varied and challenging Thermal/Heat treatment Design Engineer role, you will have: -
- Previous experience in the design & manufacture of thermal equipment (Ovens, furnaces/heat treatment)
- Be educated to a minimum of HNC level
- Experience in the use of Inventor, Solidworks 3D, AutoCAD 2D design
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office programs
The role comes with a competitive employee benefits package subject to qualifying periods. However, it would appear that the main area of benefit for you as the new Design Engineer would be the opportunity to join a high performing, established and happy team who also liaise regularly with colleagues in both Australia and in Eastern Europe.
Interview slots can be made available at short notice and lengthy notice periods can be accommodated. As such, if you are hoping to remember 2018 as the year you found the right Thermal Design Engineer job and an employer for you then please apply or contact Colin Reeves direct on 01384 446121.