Thermal CAE Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
Basildon or Coventry
A Thermal CAE Engineer is required to play a crucial part in the development of modern passenger car powertrain systems, leading system and component level thermal simulation of powertrain electrical components, specifically in battery pack development projects. Candidates with an understanding and experience in electrical system thermal simulation would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, requires a proactive Thermal CAE Engineer, based in either it's Basildon or Coventry office, to undertake coolant circuit analyses of various types of powertrains including hybrid and electric. As a Thermal CAE Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead system and component level thermal simulation (1D or 3D) of electrical powertrain systems in vehicle applications (HEV/PHEV/BEV)
- Support the preparation of system thermal requirements and specifications
- Thermal analysis of vehicle systems and battery packs / modules
- Simulations of thermal strategies for drive cycles for various types of vehicles
- Support the preparation of electrical system and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs and test plans)
- Liaise with relevant teams to lead electrical design tasks (i.e. design, manufacturing, suppliers, testing teams)
- Support validation / test specifications
The Thermal CAE Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Understanding and experience in electrical vehicle / powertrain system and component requirements (e-machines, hybrid systems, batteries & control systems, etc)
- Working knowledge of thermal simulation tools and systems (e.g. ANSYS, StarCD, COMSOL etc)
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
- Competent presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a sound knowledge of thermodynamics theory to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Basildon and Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Thermal CAE Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Thermal CAE Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.